Thursday, April 10, 2008

Week 6 thoughts

The halfway mark,

I started this course thinking I would be able to use all of the stuff I knew to breeze through.
Wrong! I am happy I had the background, but I am also thrilled with how much new information and experience I am acquiring here. The requirement to communicate our thoughts in so many venues for such an extended period may lead to new habits. Readings pushing us to rethink how far we have come, and how far we still need to travel, provide discussions outside the classroom as I engage peers and colleagues in the lunchroom. All in all, I am having fun with this.

4 comments:

Deb said...

Hi Kent-
Just thinking about the half way mark sounds so nice. I am pleasantly exhausted from all of the new stuff, anxiuos to know that I am anoterh course closer to the finish line, but sorry to see it end because it is fun and exciting to learn so many new things. In fact it is so much nicer to have a class like this where I can learn new things that I can actually use, than some classes where I just dread the postings and the readings. This has been a refreshing change.

Anonymous said...

Kent-

Like Debora said, I'm also glad we are through the half way mark. It also mean that the school year is almost over. You missed a really good demo of some new internet tool that Dr. T. showed us on Saturday evening. Check you Skype history to review the tools we used. They were great!

Reviewer said...

Kent,

I was pleasantly surprised at everything we've done so far in this class. I too thought that this was going to be a breeze of a class, as I teach a lot of these concepts, and that I would be bored like I have been in some other classes. This class has been a lot of fun though!

Mrs. Morris said...

Kent,

We are not going to let you breeze through anything! You have some work to do in Twitter, by the way! :-)

This has been a great class. Only ten weeks of teaching left for me, and then a summer of lesson planning, adding all these new technologies I am learning. You are right, waiting may make the technologies be out of date...

I have found my PLN, my personal learning network, and will be able to keep up and add new stuff all the time to my lessons now. Thank you Twitter! And I love Diijo.

Rose Ann