Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I'm baaaaack

Work, family and school have made for a wild ride. Settling in enough to write a little bit in the ol' blog. The observations for the qualitative class are interesting, the change of the season is always fun, and the riotous political scene has become almost unintelligible. Who would have guessed you can use a potential president's own word and inflections and have them seem outrageously funny? (Well, except for that one show about W. that he had taken off the air.) An americanized version of the Taliban would still be the Taliban. Intolerance and hate have gone far enough in this country; time to take it back. Do we have a long enough attention span? hmmmm...............

2 comments:

Derek Atchison said...

Seems that we are thinking along the same lines and have experienced a blogging hiatus during nearly the same time frame. I have moved back to Chicago, started a new job as a Technology Coordinator, and taken on 3 classes this term. (Is 'stress' an operative word here?!!!. My life is finally slowing down enough for me to think. Between the upcoming election and the state of the economy, I don't know whether fear or anticipation should be my current state of emotion. All I know is that it is good to see the changing of the (W.) guard.....

icarusxat said...

living at the speed of life?

three classes seems a bit extreme, but that might just be me.

watching our economy and our world coming unraveled is an interesting spectacle. all of my money is tied up in cash, so the bush economy hasn't been too much more than an annoyance, and a validation of how inept some "leaders" can be.